The first recipe was from leftover sushi wasabi and pickled ginger - just what do you do with that stuff? Here is an option.
SUSHI TURKEY MEATBALLS
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 1 T Wasabi
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- Two egg whites
- Soy Sauce
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the ginger, wasabi, egg whites, and soy sauce into processor/blender to create a smooth paste
- Add the paste, ground turkey, and bread crumbs together and mix until well blended
- Form into meat balls
- Fry or bake until done
Note: These taste like tuna sushi :)
VEGETABLE QUICK BREAD
This recipe was born out of desperation to use leftovers :) To my friends surprise when I gave them the recipe. Yes there is cauliflower and tofu in there!
1) Make dinner hash with cauliflower, onion, sweet potato, garlic, and potato
2) With the left over from (1) add tofu and make a curry with coconut milk, curry and other spices
3) With the left over from (2) make a cream soup with almond milk, chicken bullion and bacon fat
4) With left over from (3) make a banana bread but instead of banana put in a cup of soup be liberal with the cinnamon and nutmeg.