Saturday, March 7, 2015

Balancing Work and Working Out - Week 9

How many people pledge each new years to be more active or lose weight. These are some of the most popular resolutions - however, analysis shows that just 8% of those that make new year's resolutions actually achieve them (and older adults achieve their goals less!). I am 64 days into the new year and my new leaf plan - living a healthier life. 


Two Months - 29 Pounds Lost!! 
If you read my back-story there are have several reasons for my commitment to start exercising and making better food choices. One reason I hadn't thought of was the "stress busting" power of exercise.  My workout schedule is time intensive and it's often hard to fit into the day. There are so many other things I could be doing with that 1 - 1.5 hours every single day. So the last thing I expected was that regular exercise has made getting life balance easier.


Good food choices and working out have greatly reduced my stress level.  My sleep is more productive; less restless too. Less stress and more rest makes it seem like I have more time in my day. I've had great luck at losing weight - 29#/2months and I've been able to achieve much more in the gym which translates into me thinking that I can achieve more outside the gym too! BRING IT ON


All that said - it was more difficult to fit in my workouts this week than any previous week so far this year.  I ended up taking two days off the working out instead of one -> so I "only" worked out 5 days a week. (That statement makes me chuckle!)

If I can manage to lose 2#/wk for the rest of the year, I'll make my goal.  If I would lose 1.5#/week I'd reach the lowest weight I've been in decades. As MTM said "we might run out of numbers." Too funny.   Time for me to stop projecting and just keep doing.  


Next week brings a few new items into play
1) Visiting friends and travel but stick to the food plan
2) Power Hour Boxing lesson with by friend
3) Morning workouts - I know that works best for me 
4) See how much more comfortable I am sitting on a plane ;)

Have a great day!


Teresa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment