Wednesday, May 27, 2015

One big step backwards....

I admit to being set back in the past few weeks.

I have continued to lose weight; around 1 - 2 pounds per week. So I'm not complaining about that. I can feel myself not giving it my 100% and I'm rationalizing as to why that is OK. I can no longer say that the number is what the number is - that's I've given it my all. As a result, I'm feeling a bit blue by it all.

Here are the two things that are holding me back right now.


Summer Gardening Feet - Bunions ARGH!
BUNIONS! Over the past two months, with the arrival of sandal weather, I noticed the bump on my foot. After completing a few 10ks my foot was a tad sore and swollen. So wanting to be better safe than sorry, I made an appointment with my podiatrist. The good news is that I don't need surgery and can arrest the progress of (bad news) I have a mild bunion. As a result I was given very stringent guidelines for footwear, exercising, and stretching.  I'd guess that 60--70% of my shoes are no longer appropriate. For exercise I've been advised to not take long walks or run - until I lose more weight and find shoes that provide the best support. ARGH - so I've been asked to do cardio on an elliptical, stationary bike (reclined), or swimming. The first is ok (but I don't have at home), the second is challenging to get my heart rate up, the latter - OMG, me in a swimsuit....

I've also missed several sessions with my trainer - he's had a few holidays and I had some conflicts. I need to get better at rescheduling or getting an alternate trainer. There shouldn't be any excuse for not getting in two workouts a week. Maybe I should plan a POWER week and leverage all the cancelled sessions to workout every single day...


None-the-less, changes must be made and I will make those changes. If I don't, I won't make my goal for the year. It's better to know what to do versus what I've been doing for the past few weeks - which is doing very little exercise...

SLEEPING IN!!! Early this year I was 100% making the commitment to get up early and get a workout in first thing in the morning. The past month or so I either couldn't do that because I would have a meeting at 6AM or 7AM which made it too challenging, or I was so tired that I just wanted to sleep in. Both of which are OK to do -- but I wasn't putting in the time during the day to workout. I know myself enough to know that if I don't get my workout in the morning, it's not going to happen. Now that I know what I can do - I have to push myself to get in my morning workouts. I said to my training that something is very wrong when work interferes with a 5:30AM workout session. Time to make a correction there. See below this past week I had less than an hour workout per day. Tsk Tsk. 


Helping out with Horse-keeping
Eating and sticking to my food plan has been the saving factor over the past few weeks. Even with holidays and the abundance of chips, sweets, and other temptations I have been able to adhere to the 1200 cal diet and nutrition plan.

None the less over the recent long holiday weekend did something I'd never done before... I went to an equestrian center and shoveled manure! Talk about an unusual and  good workout (not necessarily a good time.) For my labor, my daughter and her bestie were able to groom ponies and had an excellent time. That was worth it :) 

Here are the numbers for the past few weeks. Thank you to those who emailed to see if I was fine, inquire about my silence, send encouragement. It means so much to me!








Teresa Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment