Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 27 - 30: Biking and Baking

Continuing onward in the 100 day challenge...one day at a time! Some good days here recently. Always better when I'm not traveling...


Day 27 - Thursday

Another day sitting at the desk for work - but ended with a good hour working out with my trainer! Followed by the most boring tilapia/spinach dinner you can imagine (not my night to cook.)

Day 27: Net Calories  839; steps 8,656
Day 28 - Friday

Rest Day - Getting ready for the long ride tomorrow! A tad too many calories today yet net still under target :)

Day 28: Net Calories  1160; steps 9,407



Day 29 - Saturday

Ride Teresa Ride! The weather was grey and cool - I almost canceled, and if I hadn't been planning on riding with my GF Holly, I would have curled up in bed. She had invited me to ride with a group of her friends.  Thank goodness for workout buddies. The loop was from Harms Woods in Glenview down to North Forest Glen Ave - the current end of the North Branch Bike Path. That was ~19 miles.  The group decided to stop for lunch at the Garage bar... where I only had a hamburger patty and corn cake, which proved to be a bit to rich and heavy for the ride home. How can people drink beer and then bike? IDK. Nonetheless, a good group to ride with and I will go with them again! Turned into 2+ hours on the trail :) Good for me! I am enjoying that I'm now the type of person who can, at the drop of a hat, say, Yes, I'd love to join you on a 20 + mile ride :)

Day 29: Net Calories  167; steps 22,302

Day 30 - Sunday (10/16)

Housework day... darn it, one of those things that just needs to get done every so now and then! Baked bread, swept floors, did wash, made beds, pulled weeds, cooked meals, etc. etc. That bread did me in on the calorie side - but Tomato Herb bread is so delicious! Recipe below.

Day 30: Net Calories  1257; steps 9,210


TOMATO HERB BREAD RECIPE

  • 6  - 6 1/2 cups wheat flour
  • 3 Tbl Sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp rosemary
  • 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce or juice
  • 2 tbl olive oil
Only 75 days until the end of 2016! The end of this year will make some remarkable progress in my quest to be fit!

Always moving forward - life is a journey.

Teresa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment