Before I get into the numbers, let me talk about WATER.
- 8 - 8 oz glasses a day
- Plus another 8 ounces for every 10 pounds you are overweight (I'm guessing there is an upper limit there somewhere!)
- Plus an additional 12 ounces for every hour of heavy exercise or salty food/beverage consumed
- Plus additional water if you are in a hot/dry environment
- Then don't forget that much of your food also has water so...
Yeah, that's why I rely on these four simple rules, many of which were given to me by an Outward Bound hiking guide years ago:
- Never get thirsty (always be drinking water, always have it available)
- Drink the water as cold as possible (burns more calories :) )
- Drink enough water so that urine is nearly colorless
- Drink enough so that in the middle of the night you have to get up an use the bathroom
This week I've been adhering to those simple rules. I had great weight loss and my skin looks wonderful (water plus the steam saunas every few days!)
OK so the summary for this week, numbers below, I stuck to my meal and exercise plan. I ate out 4-5 times this week - so daily calories are a bit higher than last week. I did a great job of hitting my protein percentage.
I took a rest day from exercise this week so the weekly average is lower - however, the days that I did work out I averaged 1.6 hours/day. I picked up a POLAR heart rate monitor which really helped gauge the effort of my cardio. During the workout with My Trainer I saw it spike to 162 bpm - but I recovered very quickly. I was able to get in lots of steps - one day was over 20K steps!
And the result was that I lost 5 pounds this week! Down is good.
So what's new for next week:
- Try using the elliptical, I'm perhaps getting to used to the treadmill / stationary bike
- Add a few core maneuvers to my daily routine
- Bring the trainer Thai Food on Friday (are you reading this?)
Making Fit Happen!