|No More Starbucks for me!|
Each morning, as I'm getting ready to head out the door, I thing "Why don't I treat myself at Starbucks?" The more I thought about that, the more interesting it became. Note that I don't say to myself, let's get that coffee! That's because:
- I don't drink coffee, nor my usual order (a non-fat latte, or Soy Chai) from anywhere other than Starbucks. I don't even drink coffee at home.
- That's because I don't crave coffee, I don't even really like it.
- Yup, I'm going for the pastries and the latte just comes along for the ride.
- I order it extra hot so that it will still be warm when I get wherever I'm going, but the truth is...
- .... I have to get extra-hot because I'm focused on getting the baked goods or breakfast sandwich first!
- So, insight, I'm treating myself to pastry NOT coffee. Although in reality it is often both.
I'm a tea girl. Plain, no milk or sugar please.
And this decision is really good for me - take a look at the math...
- Assume 4 Venti Chai Latte's or Non-fat lattes per week (let's say two each)
- From the Starbucks website nutrition information:
- Venti Caffe Latte - 170 Calories
- Venti Soy Chai Latte - 310 Calories
- Total calories from Starbucks beverages:
- 960 Calories per week
- 49,920 Calories per year
- If there are 3555 calories/Pound Fat -> then in one year I could gain 14 pounds from my morning coffee habit!
Hot tea for me: 0 calories, 0 Fat, 0 Carbs. It's a good new habit to have.
Although I'll keep crafting with coffee sacks :)